Pre-tournament meeting at 6:30pm Wednesday, April 26 and Thursday, April 27 at Grabow Outdoors. Anglers who attend meeting will receive 15% off all fishing tackle purchases both nights. If you have a Grabow Outdoors sales receipt dated 4/26/17 or 4/27/17 and are the winner of Big Fish, it pays an extra $100 gift card. Total Big Fishing payout $600 Grabow gift card.
1. Tournament hours will be from safe daylight to 3pm CST (first flight). All boats must check in at the
designated site by an assigned flight time or be disqualified.
2. All contestants must wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket while gas engine is on. The boatdriver must have a kill swill switch attached while engine is running.
3. All contestants must obey Alabama Water Safety Rules and Alabama Game and Fish Regulations.
4. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed during the tournament or six (6) hours prior to the tournament.
5. Five (5) fish limit per boat. Only Largemouth and Spotted Bass 12 inches minimum.
6. Umbrella rigs are allowed.
7. No dead fish will be allowed to be weighed.
8. Cannot have any more than 5 fish in the well at any given time. Cull as you go.
9. All sight fish must be hooked inside of the mouth (no snatching, no trolling, no live bait).
10. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and are considered minors.
11. Should inclement weather arise, take appropriate action for your safety.
12. All prize winners are subject to a polygraph test given by a licensed tester and must pass to win.
13. All conditions arising which are not covered by the above rules will be resolved by theTournament Committee, whose decisions will be FINAL.
14. Smith Lake slot rules will apply. Largemouth and spotted bass only, no stripe.
15. In the event of a tie, biggest fish of a 5 fish limit will determine winner.
16. In the event of a tie for biggest fish winner with exact weight, both anglers will be awarded the same prize.
17. Flights will be in 15 minute intervals.
18. If you happen to not catch any fish, please place your poker chip in the zero weight box for a chance to win a door prize.
19. If you miss your weigh in time, a one pound penalty per minute will be assessed.
LAUNCH SITE RULES:
- Please meet your partner offsite and ride together if possible. If this is not possible co-anglers should park in the co-angler parking area as directed by tournament volunteer and meet your partner in the staging area prior to reaching the launch ramp. This will avoid delaying the launch of those who are prepared.
- Volunteers will arrive at 4:15 am. We ask that you not launch your boat until all volunteers are in place. Volunteers will be checking for kill switches and inspecting live wells.
- The paved road to the launch will be one way of two lanes of traffic while launching in the mornings and loading boats in the afternoon. There are 3 ramps to launch on: 1. The first ramp is on your right as you’re entering the launch area. 2. The next ramp you come to is a double ramp. 3. is a single ramp off the north east end of the paved area. Volunteers will be at the launch ramps to assist in launching and loading boats. Drivers need to remain in the vehicle and ready to pull out when instructed to do so by the volunteers. Please have your drain plug and running lights in place prior to launching your boats.
- Volunteers will be in place to direct drivers to the appropriate parking places. Please listen to them for instructions and directions.
- Volunteers will be on hand with golf carts to shuttle anglers from the parking area back to the launch. Please take advantage of this service.
- When reloading boats in the afternoon, boat numbers will be called out with instructions on which boat ramp to use to meet your trailer.
- When reparking your trailered boats, please take the first available empty space. There is no need to return to the same space you had occupied in the morning.
Click Here To Download the Parking Map for the Bass Tournament
Click Here To View The Tournament Rules
Click Here To View The Launch Site Rules